In this tutorial, we are going to look at how to create space to allow for windows updating.
You can either use windows built-in tools, or you can use third-party applications.
Here we are going to look at how to use the built-in tools, but you can explore the third party applications here.
We will use a disk tool known as Disk cleanup.
1. Press the Windows button and type in “Disk clean-up” without the quotes
2. Click the disk clean-up application to open it.
3. Under drives, select the drive in which the windows operating system is installed (Mostly C).
This process can also be done on other drives to free up space for storage purposes
4. After selecting the drive, click okay.
5. The disk clean-up tool will start running to identify files that can be deleted to free up space.
6. Once it’s done, you will get a listing of the files that can be deleted to free up the files. Select the files you wish to delete (by ticking the checkbox).
7. Once done, click okay. You will get a prompt, asking you to confirm that you wish to delete the files.
8. To confirm this, click on delete files.
9. Wait for the process to finish. You will have freed up space, and now you can update your windows system.
In case you have no files to delete, you can also back up your files to an external drive, or store them in the cloud.