In this tutorial, we will learn how to correct the issue of files opening in the wrong application.
There are two methods of correcting this issue:
Method 1: Adjust using a sample file
- Right-click on the file you want to open
- Choose Open with option
- On the pop-up menu that opens, click on more apps
- Scroll down through the various apps, and select the app you want to be using.
- Check/tick the box that says Always use this app to open…..
- Then click okay
- If the app you want to use is not listed, click on look for another app in this pc. Locate the app and click okay.
Method 2: Adjust your default app settings
- Click on the windows button and type in settings.
- Click on the Settings icon to open your windows settings
- On the settings menu, click the app’s icon.
- On the screen that opens up, on the left-hand side, click the default apps option
- Here you will see a listing of the default apps used to open the various files. To change a default app, click on it and choose the app you want to use.
- You can also make these changes using the file type. Scroll down until you see “Choose default applications by file type”
- To the right of the file type you want to change, click on the icon to change to a new default app.